Thursday, October 28, 2010

Currently Reading

I am part of this Love Inspired book club where they send me 4 Historical books every month. I used to get mixed books, but I finally told them I only wanted Historical books. It's a nice surprise to get the books in the mail, mostly cause I have no idea what books they will be. I recently got October's package of books that will be in stores in November. Right away, I knew I wanted to read the first book I pulled out of the package.



Who ever heard of such thing? Mail-Order Cowboy?! That really sparked my attention! The first chapter has got me totally engrossed! It's about this circle of friends in the 1800s. After the Civil War, many of the men that were single were killed or MIA; so there's no one for a group of friends to marry. One gets an idea to put an ad in the Houston paper for Mail-Order grooms. They all have family ranches that they can't run on their own. A cowboy reads the article, and while on his way to a job in Houston, he stops by the women's small town. When he arrives the one with the idea's ranch hand is hurt and he offers to stay until he's well again. That's the farthest I've read. But I know it will be a great read!

~Natalie

1 comment:

Labels