Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inkheart - Movie Review



If you liked the movies "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "Chronicles of Narnia" this is the film for you! "Inkheart" was released in 2007 starring Brendan Fraiser and Helen Mirren. I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time and when I spotted it on the shelf for $5, I grabbed it. I had seen "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with Brendan Fraiser and really liked his acting, so that was a thumbs up when I saw him on the cover!






"Inkheart" begins with Mo(Brendan Fraiser) reading a book to his infant daughter and wife. He feels weird reading it, but continues to do so. After this scene it shows him and his daughter thirteen years later. A character from a book appears and askes for Mo's help. Meggie(Eliza Bennett), Mo's daughter, questions what's going on and the whereabouts of her mother. Meggie also discovers her father has the power to bring fictional characters in books to life. When she discovers this, she finds out that her mother was put in a book. With their great-aunt's help(Helen Mirren) they discover a way to help the fictional character and find Resa(Sienna Guillory), Meggie's mother. And they must defeat a fictional villian in order to save Resa.

This film was really enjoyable and a thrill to watch! Definitely worth your time!

1 comment:

  1. Awful how we sometimes forget how long it is since we visited our blogger buddies so I thought I'd stop by and say a big hello. I watcked Inkheart a while ago and was rather disappointed by it - the books are on my wish list so we shall see if they are any better.

    ReplyDelete

Labels