Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jane Austen Theme Post

Right now I am trying to read (for the first time ever) Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. Along with Sense & Sensibility, also by Austen. The writing style is very different and I am trying to finish one of them as soon as I can. I just loved the movies so I wanted to read the books!

Going with that Jane Austen theme, I decided to try reading Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman about teenage girls who love Pride & Prejudice. I am not through reading it yet, but it's a very good book! It's easier to read than Pride & Prejudice and I believe I will loan it to my sisters so they can read it also!


I am almost finished reading Oregon by Birdie Etchison, which I am having trouble reading. It's about Quakers and they are so very polite that they would outshine Nancy Reagan.....and that's saying a lot!
Well, I will sign off for now.
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I have read the aforementioned books (except for the one about Oregon) and the ones by Austen, I loved, of course. The "Enthusiasm" book was pretty good. It debuted quite a few years ago, didn't it? At least five? I must have read it not long after it came out. Anyway, I wouldn't mind reading it again. For a secular YA fiction, it wasn't too risqué.

    ReplyDelete

Labels