Thursday, June 24, 2010

Play On - Carrie Underwood


I have recently bought the newest CD by Carrie Underwood titled "Play On". I have decided to do a review of it. First of all, the cover of the CD captured my attention.



Plus, I have her previous CD "Some Hearts" and it was really good, so I knew this CD was a 'must-have'! Carrie Underwood is a country singer who sang the famous "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats". This CD has 13 songs on it.



1. Cowboy Casanova
2. Quitter
3. Mama's Song
4. Change
5. Undo It
6. Someday When I Stop Loving You
7. Songs Like This
8. Temporary Home
9. This Time
10. Look At Me
11. Unapologize
12. What Can I Say
13. Play On



There are the fast songs, the slow songs and the best songs. My favorite songs were: "Cowboy Casanova" as it has the beat like "Before He Cheats" and the video was fanastic as it took you to Saloon Girls in a western-style video, "Change" speaks of things you wish you could do to make the world a better place and how people tell you that you can't, "Temporary Home" is such a wonderful song that reminds you of "Jesus Take the Wheel" and the video makes you cry, and "Someday When I Stop Loving You" reminded me a lot of George Jones's hit "He Stopped Loving Her Today".



I rate this CD 10 stars as I am a Carrie fan and love her sweet voice. I would recommend you listening to the 4 songs I listed as faves first, and you'll be hoooked on Carrie. I forgot to mention Carrie's other CD "Carnival Ride" as it was released after "Some Hearts" CD. I had forgotten about it. You may reconize some of "Carnival Ride"'s songs as Carrie sung "Last Name", "Just a Dream" and "All-American Girl" on there.

Well, this was my first review of a CD! I think I did rather well! Please leave comments.
Til the kitchen sinks,
Pioneer Writer

2 comments:

  1. Great review girlie!!! Reviews are very easy to write and I'll post a link on your wall where you can get free CD's to review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzie! I know, I had no idea it'd be this easy! :P How do you like my new design?

    ReplyDelete

Labels